25 February 2005

My videoconference

Today we had at work our first videoconference of the year. I was in charge of inviting pretty much everyone. I had to fill up the room with at least 10 individuals. It sounds easy, but it isn't actually. You have to convince people to waste two or more hours of their worktime to come and hear two Canadian companies talk about their products and services. Well, I actually got 17 persons to come at 9am, and they were all pleased with the event. So I feel good about that because it is the first time I organize something like this. The funny thing is that I was sitting right in the front and everyone saw me through the TV monitor the whole time. I was feeling like a TV show host sort of translating questions and answers to my audience. It was really cool!

No comments: