08 March 2005

My new title

I have a new job title at work. That’s what they told me today. Here is what a work colleague said to me:

Colleague: After a series of meetings and lengthy reunions, where many different people, including assistants, heads of programme, heads of office, department managers, got together to discuss (typical Canadian!) and standardise the titles of everyone. So yours, for instance, has now been changed.

Me: Oh! Is that true? Am I still a “trade assistant”? What am I called now? What is my new title? I can’t wait to hear it!!!

Colleague: After a lengthy discussion involving the translation of title into English and French, and after authorization from the Embassy, you are no longer a “trade assistant”, but a “trade commissioner assistant”.

Me: Oh, so much discussion for that? Give me a break!

No comments: